‘Weekly’ Media Roundup (Sep 26th – Oct 25th)
Time to kick this one out the door. There’s some good stuff sitting in my queue, but it will have to wait for the next one.
- Gavin Sheridan – Elon Musk’s sleight of hand
- Self driving cars: 5 years. Note to self.
- Tink – Losing Sight
- A personal account of what it’s like to lose your vision.
- Need/Want – Sell Everything
- What moving to another country and starting over can teach you about stuff
- Business Insider – A 23-year-old Google employee lives in a truck in the company’s parking lot and saves 90% of his income
- New decluttering goal? I wonder how feasible it would be in my city.
- Mark Manson – The Most Important Question of Your Life
- Hint: It’s not “What are your goals in life?”
- James Altucher – Andy Weir – The Martian – How to go from Self Published to Six Figures
- This is the dream story: work on your novel in your spare time, self publish it, and become ridiculously successful. Very inspiring.
- Peter Seibel – Let 1000 Flowers Bloom. Then Rip 999 of Them Out By the Roots.
- As an engineering org grows larger, it pays to have a team dedicated to tooling. With graphs!
- NY Daily News –Here’s how one New Yorker ditched his workaholic life for a two-day week — and didn’t go broke
- If this guy can do it in NY, maybe you can do it yourself?
- James Altucher – The 20 Habits of Eventual Millionaires
- Not actually 20, but Altucher pushes my buttons.
- Sigma Nutrition – Mike Sweeney, RD – Fat Loss Myths, Gut Health, Carbs & Contest Prep
- Most of what you’ve heard about diet is just wrong – meal frequency, timing, etc.
- Intensive Dietary Management – The Proof is in the Pudding – More Turds in the PunchBowl
- We’ve been doing diet wrong for decades. Let’s learn from our mistakes.
- Sigma Nutrition – How Do You Avoid Overeating Without Counting Calories?
- Lots of info. I learned that some foods are higher in satiety than others, meaning you feel full longer.