Weekly Media Roundup (July 18th – July 31st)
I didn’t listen to as much over the last few weeks as I normally do, but here are a few things I enjoyed:
- James Altucher – Robert Kurson: A Life’s Obsession With No Way Out
- The story of a man obsessed with hunting for lost pirate treasure
- Evan Carmichael – Tim Ferriss’s Top 10 Rules For Success
- Listen to Tim Ferriss talk about the most important things for him in business
- Yahoo! Finance – Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in S&P 500
- Behold, the power of the diversified stock index.
- The Washington Post – In Silicon Valley, many want sharing salary info to be less taboo
- Interesting movement. I’m curious if it becomes common.
- Tim Ferriss – Maria Popova on Being Interesting, Creating More Time in a Day, And How to Start a Successful Blog
- Part II of the interview, where Maria answers listener questions. Listen to this again.
- Lewis Howes – How to Hardwire Your Brain For Happiness with Dr. Rick Hanson
- Super motivational talk about how to train your brain for happiness. Listen to this again.
- The Art of Manliness – Self-Discipline & Personal Effectiveness With Rory Vaden
- It’s not about time management – it’s about time multiplication. Read these books!
- TEDx – Scott Dinsmore: How to find and do work you love
- 80% of people aren’t doing what they love. Use these 3 pillars to find what makes you tick.
- James Clear – Habit Creep: The Proven, Reasonable and Totally Unsexy Way to Become More Successful
- Like lifestyle creep, but more healthy and sustainable
- David Eschenlohr – After Improvement
- I don’t entirely buy his philosophy of self-improvement is a sham, but he makes some good points about living life for yourself as well as improving for the sake of happiness, not for the sake of improvement. Worth a skim.
- TechCrunch – So About That Whole Tech-Eating-Jobs Thing
- Will robots actually steal your job? Not according to recent data…