Weekly Media Roundup (July 11-17)
Lots of good stuff this week. I hope you enjoy!
- BBC – How Big Is the Universe?
- I love mind blowing stuff like this. Who knew that Saturn is twice as far from the Sun as Jupiter?
- WTF – Terry Gross
- Marc Maron interviews Fresh Air host Terry Gross in this personal, touching, and hilarious episode
- New Yorker – The Really Big One
- What happens when the Cascadia subduction zone (along northern California, Oregon, and Washington) becomes active and triggers an enormous earthquake?
I’ve been spending a lot of time in the Self Publishing Success Summit. It’s 1/3 over, but there’s still plenty of time for you to catch some good content if you’re interested in learning to write and publish.
- Tim Ferriss – The Rags to Riches Philosopher: Bryan Johnson’s Path to $800 Million
- The CEO of BrainTree and the OS Fund gets really deep into his secrets of entrepreneurship. Listen to this again.
- Bogleheads – Bogleheads Investment Strategy
- Investment should be easy. A bonds index, a diversified us stock index, and an international stock index. Set and forget.
- MenProvement – How I Beat an Anxiety Disorder & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and What It Taught Me
- The power of the brain truly is amazing. People say you can retrain your brain – Sean Russell says he did exactly that.
- Phil Learney – 20 Reasons You’re Not Losing Fat
- I’m pretty sure they all boil down to “your calories in are not less than your calories out over time” but…