Weekly Media Roundup (July 4-10)
This week I focused on a couple of podcasts I really have been enjoying – Sigma Nutrition and Happier with Gretchen Rubin. I also read Andrew Ferebee’s new dating book, which I recommend as a book on how to BE the man you want to be, rather than how to ACT LIKE the man you want to be.
- CityLab – Mapping the U.S. by Property Value Instead of Land Area
- Amazing how little value the rest of the country’s land has compared to California.
- Smithsonian – When Did Girls Start Wearing Pink?
- Amazing to think that pink vs blue is a modern invention
- The Meereenese Blot – Untangling the Meereenese Knot, Part I: Who Poisoned the Locusts?
- Wondering what happened with Dany’s confusing plotline in in A Dance With Dragons? Look no further
- Hello Web App – I self-published a learn-to-code book and made nearly $5,000 in pre-orders
- How this guy learned to program, and successfully kickstarted a book in the process.
- Sigma Nutrition – Lyle McDonald: Fat Loss Adaptations, Water Retention & Leptin
- Maybe it’s hard for you to lose a few pounds because your body is adapting quickly to new metabolic requirements.
- Sigma Nutrition – James Krieger: The Data Behind NEAT, Gluten & Reporting of Dietary Intake
- Self reporting of nutritional intake is bunk
- Andrew Ferebee – The Dating Playbook for Men
- The founder of Knowledge for Men drops a no bs, modern guide to dating. No tricks or gimmicks – all confidence and self improvement.
- Andrew Ferebee – The 10 Greatest Lessons
- From being a confident man to taking action, this 40 minute video covers it all
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – The “Cleaning Liz’s Closet” Edition
- Hang out with Gretchen and her sister Liz as they declutter her closet