Weekly Media Roundup (June 20 – 26)
- Dinosaurs and Humans – Do you believe that dinosaurs and humans once lived on the planet at the same time?
- (Hint: a surprising number of people do)
- Science Friday – Science Goes to the Movies: Jurassic World
- Science Friday dissects the science behind the movie
- Scientific American – Gravity Kills Schroedinger’s Cat
- Alive? Dead? Gravity may cause decoherence. Hmmmm….
- Quartz – The “dreams” of Google’s AI are equal parts amazing and disturbing
- Check out these images generated by image recognition software!
- The Atlantic – Immortal but Damned to Hell on Earth
- The danger of uploading one’s consciousness to a computer without a suicide switch…
- James Altucher – Freeway Rick Ross: How to Manage Your Employees When They’re All Carrying Guns
- Hear about how one of the biggest names in the drug business got to the top — without violence.
- John Cook – The most important skill in software development
- Organization, not algorithm spiffiness, is key to maintainable code.
- Income – Ryan Lee Interview: Create Huge Recurring Income from the Internet
- Learn about continuity programs and generating recurring revenue
- Triplebyte – Three Hundred Programming Interviews in Thirty Days
- After 300 interviews, FizzBuzz is not predictive of interview success, nor is a discussion of past projects. The best indicator was a longer programming quiz.
- College Info Geek – Habit-Building Strategies for Different Personalities with Gretchen Rubin
- Understanding whether you are an Abstainer or Moderator, Questioners Abliger Rebels or Upholder, or Morning Owl or Evening Lark can help you successfully build habits.
- Different strategies for building habits work for different people, and there’s no one way
- Menprovement – Lesson 2: Understanding Reality And How to Diffuse False Realities That Hold You Back
- Fear is just an emotion. Feel it, realize it’s a lie your brain is telling you, and ignore it. Listen to this again.
- This is episode two of Endless Confidence, part of the Menprovement Academy. Sign up.
- James Altucher – How Do You Define Success?
- To Altucher, success boils down to health in four areas: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. How do you define success?
- u/putty27 – How I got rid of my Coca Cola addiction
- Get rid of your addictions painlessly by following the MC2 method
- The MC2 Method – 8 10 minute audio tracks
- Track 4 has the meat: use a simple body scan to dig into your emotional energies and neuter them
- Samuel Thomas Davies – This Simple Equation Reveals How to Break Bad Habits
- Break the habit loop! Remove a leg from the chair, and the chair falls down.
- Frankly Speaking – How I Found Purpose
- Most importantly: no one else is going to do it for you