Weekly Media Roundup (April 22 – 28)
I listen to and read a ton of great stuff, mostly during exercise. I hope someone out there finds something that inspires them. I’ve grouped this list into several categories: Health, Financial/Career, Personal Development, and Fun. Here’s a list of what I’ve consumed in the last week and recommend:
- Art of Charm – Tim Sykes | The Penny Stock Scam
- Don’t be sucked in by the scams, but you can use them to make a lot of money if you are smart
- Knowledge For Men – Gary Vaynerchuk: The Will to Win
- Developing the hustle and operating on your strengths by a super successful guy
- Nginx – Adopting Microservices at Netflix: Lessons for Architectural Design
- use micro-services to increase agility, reduce coupling, and break large apps up
- GymViral – Arnold Addresses Leg Day. The King Has Spoken.
- Don’t skip leg day. It’s not just about chicken legs – it’s about total body health
- The New York Times – One Twin Exercise, the Other Doesn’t
- Even a few years of exercise can make a dramatic difference in your body and mind
- Meghan Telpner – The Soylent Killer
- I’m currently drinking Soylent, but it’s probably good to read about the possible harmful effects.
- Coffee Break Spanish (episodes 1 – 4)
- Learn Spanish 15 minutes at a time
- YAHOO! Finance – Chinese scientists just admitted to tweaking the genes of human embryos for the first time in history
- Gattaca is coming
- The Nation – Poor People Need a Higher Wage, Not a Lesson in Morality
- “Do I accept that people working full-time are paid wages that keep them in poverty?”
- Sam Altman – The Days Are Long But the Decades Are Short
- Amazing read on what’s ultimately important in life.
- Hugh McGuire – Why Can’t We Read Anymore?
- Declutter your digital life and start reading againg
- James Clear – How to Declutter Your Mind and Unleash Your Willpower by Using “Bright-Line” Rules
- Set clear boundaries for your behavior to experience better results – “I don’t eat cake at work.”
- James Clear – Design for Default: How to Optimize Your Daily Decisions
- Make your habits effortless by making the right choice the easy one
Notice: I didn’t have anything on here about relationships! I’m in a relationship, so the normal “improve your dating” podcasts don’t interest me. What do you suggest?