Weekly Media Roundup (April 8 – 14)
I’ve been a bit burned out lately, and I decided this week to focus as much as I could on random fun stuff (although a little growth stuff creeped in there). Here’s a list of what I’ve consumed in the last week and recommend:
- Yahoo News – Signs of Alien Life Will Be Found by 2025, NASA’s Chief Scientist Predicts
- 10 years. Always 10 years.
- MotherBoard – The Selfish Ribosome Theory Could Upend Evolution As We Know It
- Is the ribosome, not the gene, the fundamental unit of life?
- Yahoo News – Man volunteers for world first head transplant operation
- Is a human life worth $10 million?
- Experiments in shaping the physical with sound
- Watch this Robot Draw Blood from a Patient
- The future.
- Fat Burning Man – Dr. Lauren Noel: Food as Medicine, Why Doctors Smoke, and How to Have a Rockstar Poop
- Why don’t doctors get to the root of the problem?
- Active.com – What is Tabata Training?
- short answer: HIIT for 20 sec on, 10 sec rest, 8 times
- Jason Lengstorf – The Cult of Work You Never Meant to Join
- Life is better – and you’re more productive – when it’s balanced.
- This is Not a Pattern – Ways Men In Tech Are Unintentionally Sexist
- Hey guys – what are you doing that is accidentally sexist?
- The $100 MBA – How to Build a Business That Pays the Bills
- It’s going to take longer than you think, especially if you’re working a regular job too
- The $100 MBA – Guest Teacher: Jia Jiang – How to Kick Your Fear of Rejection in the Face
Did I miss anything? What do you recommend?