Weekly Media Roundup (4/2 – 4/7)
I listen to and read a ton of great stuff, mostly during exercise. I hope someone out there finds something that inspires them. I’ve grouped this list into several categories: Health, Financial/Career, Personal Development, and Fun. Here’s a list of what I’ve consumed in the last week and recommend:
- David D Burns – Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy
- Remorse is okay; guilt will hold you back
- Knowledge for Men – Abel James: Change Your Life With The Wild Diet
- Don’t think of natural food as more expensive. Think of cheaper, chemically injected food as degenerate.
- The New Yorker – The Horror of Amazon’s New Dash Button
- Are we such consumerists that we can’t ever stop shopping?
- Alex Rboots – Do Not Learn Frameworks. Learn the Architecture.
- Angular, Backbone, Knockout… all do the same thing. Learn the principles.
- James Altucher – Part 2 with Mark Ford: The Man Who Built 100 Businesses
- Tons of great information about how to build a business, multiple streams of income, and live like you’re richer than you are
- RED – Rush Limbaugh (Before He Was Famous)
- You don’t go from zero to famous. You take action and work hard to get there.
- Jack Canfield – The Success Principles
- Building a personal brand.
- I finally finished – but I plan to read this again, and take action on each chapter.
- James Clear – The 2 Types of Growth: Which One of These Growth Curves Are You Following?
- Highly relevant to this blog. Are you on an exponential growth curve?
- Art of Charm – Gretchen Rubin | Mastering Happiness
- Make your bed, be in an uncluttered environment to find mental peace
- Lewis Howes – Amanda Enayati | How to Manage Stress and Overcome Anxiety
- living stress free is a pipe dream – learn to deal with it effectively
- The Toast – The Sequel To Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory That Charlie’s Mother Deserves
- “MRS BUCKET [tiredly]: How many of the rest of you can walk?”
- Sam Vallely – Will Work For Free
- Will robots take your job? Certainly. Here’s 2 hours of evidence.
- TED – Bill Gates: The Next Outbreak? We’re Not Ready
- The next major killer won’t be war – it will be an epidemic
I’d love to hear what you find interesting as well – leave a comment! I didn’t listen to anything relationship oriented this week — do you have any suggestions?