Weekly Media Roundup (3/18-3/24)
This week I listened to and read a ton of great stuff. I hope someone out there finds something that inspires them. I’ve grouped this list into several categories: Health, Financial/Career, Relationships, Personal Development, and Fun. Here’s a list of what I’ve consumed in the last week and recommend:
- The Atlantic – The Irrationality of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Why aren’t medications such as naltrexone/vivitrol used to treat alcoholism in the US?
- Kyle Simpson – You Don’t Know JS: Scopes and Closures
- scope bubbles and variable hoisting
- Knowledge For Men – Guy Kawasaki: Lessons Learned from a Lifetime of Entrepreneurship
- The most important thing for a business: ship it.
- RED – Idiot Frat Guys and Your Business
- Don’t get caught on camera saying something stupid
- The Agile Life – Woody Zuill – Contrivance of Humans (#NoEstimates)
- Why are you estimating your stories? Do you know?
- Art of Charm – Lawrence Lanoff: Tantra and the Art of Radical Self Acceptance
- A simple formula for difficult conversations, as well as plenty of talk about sex
- Jack Canfield – The Success Principles
- Saying no, finding a coach, and joining a mastermind group
- James Clear – Your First Choice is Rarely the Optimal Choice: 5 Lessons on Being Wrong
- Samual Thomas Davies – The Strategy of Scheduling: How to Build a New Habit When You Don’t Have Time
- James Clear – The Goal is Not the Point: Choose a Path and Then Walk It
- Happify/Infographic City – The Complete Guide To Boosting Your Confidence
- Strike a pose!
- The School of Greatness – Jon Acuff: How to Handle Any Life Transition
- Author of ‘Do Over’ – handling the inevitable career transition
- PRI – Why We’re All Overconfident
- How can we be so convinced, even when we’re dead wrong?
- The Chalene Show – How to Organize Your Brain | Creating Laser Focus in a Fragmented World
- The James Altucher Show – Brian Koppelman: The Art of Super Creativity
- What Brian did when he was in a serious rut writing ‘Solitary Man’
- The Chalene Show – Time Saving Systems | Less Stress, Better Results
- Get someone to do your laundry and shop
- Popehat – Reminder: Oh, Won’t You Please Shut Up
- Never talk to the police.
- Never talk to the police!
- Invisibilia – Our Computers, Ourselves
- On computers becoming more and more integrated into our lives
- TED – Fei Fei Li: How We’re Teaching Computers to Understand Pictures
- (also known as how computers will eventually entertain us with endless streams of cat photos)
I’d love to hear what you find interesting as well – leave a comment!