They say that successful people get up early. Over the years, I’ve tried many things to get out of bed earlier. I’ve finally succeeded, and get up at 5 am nearly every day, refreshed and ready to get up. Hit the snooze for safety, but get up before the alarm goes off again.
I’ve seen questions everywhere about how to do it. Here’s the definitive answer:
Buy and use a wake up light. Philips HF3500/60 Wake-Up Light
That’s it. End of story. Here are a list of things that will not work consistently, or will require willpower to continue to use. Don’t do these; buy a light!
- Going to bed earlier
- Putting the alarm clock on the other side of the room
- Waking up 15 minutes earlier every week
- Never snoozing
- Being active immediately after waking
- Telling yourself you’re waking up early before bed
- Splashing your face with water after you wake up